Nomination deadline is June 15, 2017 for the 2018 Melville L. Wolfrom Award, Derek Horton Award in Industrial Carbohydrate Chemistry, Horace S. Isbell Award, and David Y. Gin New Investigator Award, which will be presented at the Spring 2018 ACS National Meeting. Nomination Form
• The Claude S. Hudson Award was established by the Division in 1946 to recognize outstanding contributions to carbohydrate chemistry in education, research, or applications. The biennial award is presented in odd-numbered years (nominations will be accepted in 2018 for the 2019 Hudson Award). N.B. - The Hudson Award Nomination Form will be active next year.
• The Melville L. Wolfrom Award acknowledges outstanding service to the Division and to the field of carbohydrate chemistry. Nomination Form
• The Derek Horton Award in Industrial Carbohydrate Chemistry Award acknowledges distinguished achievements in and outstanding contributions to industrial carbohydrate chemistry. *Deadline for the nomination is June 15th, 2017. Nomination Form
• The Horace S. Isbell Award acknowledges excellence in and promise of continued quality of contribution to research in carbohydrate chemistry. The winner must be under the age of 45 at the time of the award. Nomination Form
• The David Y. Gin New Investigator Award acknowledges and encourages outstanding contributions to research in carbohydrate chemistry by scientists in the first seven years of their independent career. Nomination Form
The ACS Fellows Program was created by the ACS Board of Directors in December 2008 “to recognize members of ACS for outstanding achievements in and contributions to Science, the Profession, and the Society.”
Deadline for 2017 Nominations: April 1, 2017
In 1984, the International Carbohydrate Organization established an award in honor of Prof. Roy L. Whistler to recognize scientists who have made contributions of excellence in carbohydrate chemistry and biochemistry and with promise of continuing significant contributions. This award will be presented following the Opening Ceremony of the XXIV International Carbohydrate Symposium, Lisbon, Portugal (July, 2018).
In 2016 the value of the Whistler Award was $25,000.